Didriksen, Saucier, Woods & Pichon Law Firm was founded in 1988 by Caleb Didriksen, and the partners: Erin Bruce Saucier, Trey Woods and Jeremy Pichon joined during 2013-2015. Our award winning attorneys provide a vast array of civil litigation legal services across multiple practice areas.
Unique Technical Knowledge
The founding partner Caleb Didriksen, has a degree in engineering, and our other attorneys have long exposure to technically complex legal issues, which allows us to provide clients with legal advice supplemented with technical training and experience – a great choice of counsel for companies on the leading edge of technology, and a great choice of counsel for companies with technical risk issues. We have extensive experience with litigation arising from industrial catastrophes or similar incidents. Our ability to understand how losses occur improves our evaluation of potential liability. Our technical backgrounds and technical work history, serving architects and engineers, also enhance the firm’s ability to identify and focus on the most important legal and technical and direct the efforts of retained experts. The firm is regularly engaged as coverage counsel to provide opinions on insurance coverage and often handles recovery suits for corporations and domestic/foreign insurers.
The lawyers of Didriksen, Saucier, Woods & Pichon bring their diverse backgrounds and viewpoints together for problem-solving in a way that provides unique benefits to clients. Our boutique size allows the staff to work closely together, and to provide our clients with the kind of personal attention that they need and deserve in a cost-effective manner. Our clients know who is serving them.
Didriksen, Saucier, Woods & Pichon are licensed to practice in Louisiana, Texas and federal courts in other states.
• Kaiser Aluminum – subrogation case for London – Aluminum plant explosion – recovered $62 million.
• Alpha Technical Services Inc – counsel for pipe company in toxic tort claim defending multiple cases with more than 4000 plaintiffs over 15 years. Successfully denied class action certification.
• Kansas City Southern Railroad – all liability cases in excess of $3 million for Lloyds from 2002-2014.
• IMC Sterlington Nitroparaffin Plant Explosion – defended London on class action.
• Eunice Union Pacific Train Derailment – represented excess insurers to prepare defense.
• Marable – represented plaintiff who was awarded $51.5 million at trial against Daimler Trucks North America.
• New Orleans Sheriff’s Office Jail Construction – contractor dispute.
• GATX tank car leakage class action – defense.
• The Oz Bar – ownership dispute and bankruptcy sale.